Fast Forward Wellington
Sign up to show your support for Fast Forward WellingtonRead the petition
New Zealanders are moving beyond the car. They want good choices for how to get around.
Smart low-carbon cities designed for people are what we need to flourish into the future – to tackle climate change, attract young talent and keep our economy humming.
But Wellington’s current transport plan is outdated and expensive – a massive motorway expansion costing more than $2.5 billion and putting at risk the very things that make Wellington special and cool.
We think there are smarter, cheaper and better opportunities that will solve our mobility problems, grow the city, and keep Wellington’s cool intact.
Get on board our fresh, forward-looking transport vision for the capital.
Are you part of a business or organisation that would like to endorse FFW? Please get in touch at email@example.com
- Read all about FFW in our introduction blog post.
- Download our Fast Forward Wellington booklet.
- Check out our opinion piece in the Dominion Post: Overseas solutions to capital transport woes.
- Read all about it here.
- Check out our opinion piece in the Dominion Post, Friday 21 February 2014.
- Check out our full written submission on the Public Transport Spine Study Options, or this short summary.
- “Why light rail is the only choice” - Kerry Wood, Scoop
- “Why the spine study should be scrapped” - Brent Efford, Scoop
- “Realistic light rail cost needed” - Tom Pettit, Dominion Post
- “Tunnel vision pushes flawed study off the rails” - Tom Pettit and Nadine Dodge, Dominion Post
- “Headed in the wrong direction” - Gareth Morgan and Geoff Simmons, Dominion Post